Calling Emerging Australian Fashion Design Talent
Think you’ve got what it takes to be part of the next generation of Australian Fashion Design talent?
Applications for the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia St.George NextGen program are now open, and it’s an opportunity you won’t want to miss.
Having run since 1996, program NextGen is all about providing a platform for Australian fashion design talent by connecting them with a wide range of industry figures and opportunities. Four finalists will be selected by an industry panel to show their collections during MBFWA in May 2020.
Through close mentoring, ongoing business support and practical experience, the program seeks to elevate emerging fashion designers and help them reach a global audience.
Each year, the NextGen runway in Sydney proves to be a highlight of MBFWA even with all the established Australian design talent on show. For a taste of what goes on behind the scenes, check out our coverage from the hectic backstage from 2018 and 2019.
This very program helped launch the careers of many Australian fashion design creatives. Thee are the talents behind such labels such as Gorman, Sass and Bide, Akira and Camilla and Marc.
Emerging designers, what are you waiting for?
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- A fully produced runway show on the official schedule at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia in May
- Models, makeup and hair and full runway production team provided
- Official designer listing on the MBFWA website
- Promotion and marketing of the NextGen show across global digital and social media platforms
- Full-length runway show broadcast on the official MBFWA live stream that will reach a global audience
- Complete runway photography package and a six-month subscription to Flaunter.com
- Associated media coverage to support the runway event in the leadup to Fashion weel
- Allocated seating at the nextgen show for each winning designer
For further information and to apply, head here. Don’t snooze on the opportunity, as Applications close December 15, 2019.
Hit the link to see the St George Next Gen Runway from Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australian 2019.