Attention: Fashion Students
Submissions for Melbourne Fashion Hub’s open-access up-skilling program, starting on 29 September 2022, are now open, for designers wanting to participate in the 2023 March retail showcase.
The initiative is designed to give students and recent graduates a real-world insight into selling directly to the public in a supportive environment. They will be provided with skills required to engage confidently with customers and the broader fashion community.
Anyone who submits an application will also get the fantastic opportunity for their work to be seen by the judging panel of industry experts:
- Akii Ngo, Model and Disability Advocate
- Damien Woolnough-Reid, National Fashion Editor, SMH, and The Age
- Elizabeth Formosa, Founder & Fashion Business Strategist, Fashion Equipped
- Erik Yvon, fashion designer
- Fiona Twist, Manager Melbourne Fashion Week, City of Melbourne
- Janice Breen Burns, fashion editor, Voxfrock
- Laurinda Ndenzako, Co-founder of Collective Closet
Submissions are welcomed from fashion students who focus on responsible and ethical design and incorporate any of the following:
– gender inclusive clothing
– age inclusive clothing
– size inclusive clothing
– modest fashion
– innovative textile applied in garment design and production
– textile/garment therapy
– adaptive fashion
– maternity wear
WHO CAN APPLY: Victorian fashion design students of any study level and recent graduates within the last five years.
APPLICATIONS close 29 JULY 2022
See previous fashion students.